Most people can’t make a new claim for Housing Benefit.
You can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit if one of the following applies:
● you’re getting, or recently stopped getting, a benefit with a severe disability premium (SDP) - which is usually a component of E.S.A. if you were in the ‘support group’.
● you, and your partner if you've got one, have reached State Pension age – the state pension age varies so check if you are eligible to get a pension and at what age you can claim it on ww.gov.uk website
● you or your partner have been getting Pension Credit since before 15 May 2019
● you live in temporary accommodation, such as a hostel
● your landlord is a council, charity or housing association and they give you care or support – for example if you live in sheltered/supported housing
If you can’t make a claim for Housing Benefit, you might be able to apply for Universal Credit to help with housing costs, instea
‘These are diverse stories which are seldom heard. I hope this book will encourage empathy, compassion and a better understanding.’ Laila El Metoui, Equality Advocate.
‘What a great book!’ – Ali Smith, Winner of the Women’s Prize for fiction