You can only make a new claim for income or contribution-based JSA if you’re getting, or recently stopped getting a benefit with a severe disability premium (SDP).
You can usually get ‘new style’ JSA for up to 6 months if you:-
1. have worked and paid Class 1 National Insurance in the last 2 to 3 years
2. meet the basic conditions
● working less than 16 hours a week
● available to work full time
● actively looking for full-time work
● not in full-time education
● not claiming Income Support
● don’t have an illness or disability which means you can’t work
You can’t get JSA if you’re either:
● under 18, but there are some exceptions
● self employed
If you’re applying for new style JSA it doesn’t matter what country you’re from.
‘These are diverse stories which are seldom heard. I hope this book will encourage empathy, compassion and a better understanding.’ Laila El Metoui, Equality Advocate.
‘What a great book!’ – Ali Smith, Winner of the Women’s Prize for fiction